{iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; height:35px"}http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.mindsetworks.com%2Fgrowth-mindset-digest-may-2012&send=false&layout=standard&width=400&show_faces=false&action=like&colorscheme=light&font&height=35{/iframe}{iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="border:none; height:30px"}http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html?via=brainology&url=http://community.mindsetworks.com/growth-mindset-digest-may-2012&text=Read%20the%20May%20Growth%20%23Mindset%20Digest!%20Training%20webinar%2C%20Mindset%20Research%2C%20Tips%20%26%20more%3A%0A%0A{/iframe}

Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

From Theory to Practice               Issue #12, May 2012

The Growth Mindset Digest

Celebrating the first anniversary of the Growth Mindset Digest!

Today is a very special day for us here at Mindset Works – it’s now one year since we launched the growth mindset digest, “from theory to practice”!

Our first year has been fantastic, surpassing all our expectations. Based upon your feedback, we have learned much and have honed our skills. We want to express our gratitude to all of you who contribute regularly to our cumulative knowledge on growth mindset practices.

imges

Check out the featured articles & vote for the topics you’d like to read about in the future!

We are excited and dedicated to making the growth mindset digest a creative outlet for all of us to share and enjoy.

The Mindset Works Team

IN THIS ISSUE:

Carol Dweck on student aggression and behavior

Save the date! The first Mindset training webinar

Sneak peek of the Mindset Works® EducatorKit

Participate in the “Power of Mindset” Gallery

The power of mindset in approaching learning and setbacks

Growth Minded Educator Contest

CONNECT WITH US:

Friend on Facebook  

Follow on Twitter  

Forward to a friend

Subscribe to this list

Growth Mindset News and Tips

The impact of mindset on student aggression and behavior

By Carol Dweck
imges
My former student David Yeager and I have been very concerned about violence in school. The problem in high school gets worse. People are shifting social groups; social labels are flying around, and kids are really stressed. If you add to this the common belief that people can’t change—that everyone is fixed in their roles and that you are always going to be picked on or always going to be a loser— then the conflagrations begin.

Read more

SAVE THE DATE! “Mindsets in the Classroom” training webinar with Lisa Blackwell, Mindset Works® Mindset expert

Lisa Blackwell
Thanks for voting for the Mindset training webinar topic! The winning webinar topic is Mindsets in the Classroom: How to promote a growth mindset culture in the classroom through framing, feedback, and assessment.
For more details and to reserve your spot click here!

Sneak peek: Mindset Works® EducatorKit

We invite you to get a sneak peek at an Introduction to the Mindset Works® EducatorKit! The EducatorKit includes:

imges

• an online professional development course designed to help educators learn about the growth mindset and how to incorporate it into their everyday practice.
  • tools for educators to support their own process of adopting and implementing growth mindset practices over time.

Learn More

Last Call: Invitation to participate in the ‘Power of Mindset’ Gallery!

The Power of Mindset Gallery

The “Power of Mindset” Gallery will feature photos, videos, animation, or diagrams that describe how Mindset and/or Brainology have impacted your students’ or children’s learning journey in the past year.

Learn how you can take part in it!

Mindset in Action

The power of mindset in approaching learning and setbacks

By Jane Foltz, Dartmouth Middle School, CA

imageI’m a resource teacher at Dartmouth Middle School in San Jose, California.  I teach students with a variety of learning challenges in grades 6, 7 and 8 who have mixed demographic background.

I first heard about the book Mindset on an NPR interview with Carol Dweck, which interested me personally, not just as a teacher.  After reading about fixed and growth mindsets, I found myself repeating certain phrases all the time, incorporating them in my own mindset. I personally realized the importance of being willing to stretch and keep trying.  These concepts have impacted me many times; I have taken classes and tried things I never would have otherwise.  I knew I had to not only talk the talk but also walk the walk.

Read More

The Growth Minded Educator Contest

All contest entries have a chance to win an autographed copy of Carol Dweck's book, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success.

Contest Question:
How do you keep your students motivated and engaged toward the end of the year? Please share at least one strategy or activity. (Suggested length: 150 words or less)

Email your answers to updates@mindsetworks.com by May 28th, 2012. We’ll review each answer and share the winning one(s) in a future newsletter.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, please post a comment or email us at updates@mindsetworks.com.

Do you have something to say?

Please post comments at the bottom of any of the articles, and if you have more to say, consider writing a guest blog or newsletter post! Email us at updates@mindsetworks.com to share your guest post idea.

follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend  

Copyright © 2011 Mindset Works Inc., All rights reserved. 

You are receiving this email because you registered on our website or at a conference to get information on the growth mindset and Brainology®

Our mailing address is:
Mindset Works
751 Laurel St. #608
San Carlos, CA 94070

unsubscribe from this list | subscribe to this list | view email in browser